Chill Mama: Active & Mindful Birth Workshop
Join Amy Vaccaro and:
- EXPERIENCE prenatal yoga, breath work and meditation techniques and how with practice, they can positively influence your birth.
- LEARN about labour stages, hormones and anatomy.
- EXPLORE practical techniques to enhance your comfort during pregnancy and birth including yoga inspired active birth positions.
This workshop is a practical adjunct to other antenatal education (such as Chill Mama Childbirth Education or hospital based antenatal education) and as an introduction to prenatal yoga. It is suitable for women in their 2nd and 3rd trimesters of pregnancy. It is for women only.
DATES FOR 2019:
- Sunday 26th May: BOOK NOW
TIME: 12.30 – 4.30pm
LOCATION: The Space, Suite 5/level 1, 490 David Street, Albury.
INVESTMENT: $80 per person, including refreshments and the “Chill Mama Active & Mindful Birth: Techniques for Pregnancy Birth and Beyond” book.
To secure your place in the workshop, payment must be made in advance via bank transfer to the following account (this method helps to keep the ticket price as low as possible for you):
A.M. Vaccaro T/AS Chill Mama Wellness
Acc No: 100120243
Cancellations: A full refund is available if cancelling 48 hours prior to the workshop. Refunds are not available for cancellations after this time (unless due to unforeseen medical purposes).
1) What should I wear? Wear clothes that are suitable and comfortable for yoga practice.
2) Does my partner also attend? No, this workshop is designed especially for pregnant women. You can practice and discuss the techniques you’ve learned in the workshop with your partner using the homework in the book you receive.
3) Do I need to bring anything? No, all equipment is supplied. It is recommended you bring your own water bottle to stay hydrated over the afternoon.
4) I have some pregnancy complications, is it still ok for me to attend? Please ensure that you have discussed practicing yoga with your healthcare provider before attending the workshop. Although the yoga practiced in the workshop is gentle in nature, there are some pregnancy complications which make practicing yoga difficult or contraindicated. If you are unsure, please check with Amy upon booking.
5) If I attend your workshop/s do I then need to attend other childbirth education? If this is your first baby, I strongly recommend you attend more intensive childbirth education as each of these workshops cover very select content. It is also important for your partner/birth support person to attend education also. This can be done in a variety of ways such as hospital based antenatal education, Calmbirth, Hypnobirth or Chill Mama Childbirth Education.
6) Why do I need to pay for the workshop in advance? As a courtesy to others, it is important for you to secure your attendance at the workshop by paying for your place in advance. This means that if you choose not to attend and have not given 48 hours notice, you have not unfairly disadvantaged somebody on the waitlist who might have been able to have your place instead. If you have unforeseen medical circumstances that occur within 48 hours of the workshop, please contact Amy regarding refund for the workshop.